It must have been the book 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil', or all the Hollywood movies, I feel the need to discover more of North America, the heart land. I have no baggage, I have no hang ups. I was born and raised in Italy. I am capable to accepting people of all personalities, as long as they are good people. I believe that in the world the majority of people are of a good nature, and those are the people I want to meet on this trip.
I love to make connections, whether we are soaking in the campground jacuzzi, or waiting in a museum line, or having a beer in a bar. I love a good story.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Day 46 - Houston to Lafayette


Time to regroup! We have spent so much time in Texas, almost a month. It's true sunup sundown...still Texas!
We decide we need to get a move on to the rest of the South. We are still on a schedule. That's the most annoying thing. We are toying with thoughts of becoming full timers.
We have no time for Beaumont, and the Spindletop, the first oil gusher.  But we have time to stop for lunch at the famous Neches River Wheelhouse Restaurant. Here most of the customers we see this weekday are from the oil companies around here. We see their name tags.
We get a table by the window and we watch boats going up the Neches river, probably all the way to Beaumont. Every time one goes by, they ring a bell and people can get a shot of whiskey or vodka for $3... you can get drunk really easily because there are many going by.




We are finally in Louisiana!





No comments:

Post a Comment