It must have been the book 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil', or all the Hollywood movies, I feel the need to discover more of North America, the heart land. I have no baggage, I have no hang ups. I was born and raised in Italy. I am capable to accepting people of all personalities, as long as they are good people. I believe that in the world the majority of people are of a good nature, and those are the people I want to meet on this trip.
I love to make connections, whether we are soaking in the campground jacuzzi, or waiting in a museum line, or having a beer in a bar. I love a good story.

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Day 41 - Rockport to Galveston


Before taking off for Galveston and leaving this magical place, we went on another bird watching hike with our favorite group. This time we were going for a woods walk.

Eurasian Collared Dove



It was another fruitful two hours. My favorite was the black-crested titmouse.
It was really hard to take pictures of all the birds we saw. Some fly away before I have time to focus and some are too far. This is what it looks like.


Isn't it cute!

Along the way...
Travelling Cat

Favorite Pit Stop

Freeport Refinery

Driving along 35, I can tell you with confidence that the world is flat, because I have seen it with my own eyes. There's not a knoll or bump on the ground, acres and acres of tilled soil as far as the eye can see and then nothing. In these parts of the world the land drops at the horizon 😉

We passed our first bayous. It has been raining a lot this year and the water is high up to road level.

Then in the middle of nowhere, around Sweeny, there is a giant refinery. Actually it might be multiple refineries, because it is as big as a city. We saw another one around Freeport.

The Sanpiper RV resort in in town but just far enough from all the noise and confusion. It has a nice swimming pool and Jacuzzi. It is on the beach and at night we can hear the waves. Unfortunately we could get only two nights. We should have booked it before.



4 comments:

  1. Looks like one of the smallest Bucee's I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know. This one was small. I saw one on the way that was huge. We didn't stop :(

      Delete
  2. The Blackcrested titmouse is adorable!! Love the photo of Scampers looking at the birds?

    ReplyDelete