It must have been the book 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil', or all the Hollywood movies, I feel the need to discover more of North America, the heart land. I have no baggage, I have no hang ups. I was born and raised in Italy. I am capable to accepting people of all personalities, as long as they are good people. I believe that in the world the majority of people are of a good nature, and those are the people I want to meet on this trip.
I love to make connections, whether we are soaking in the campground jacuzzi, or waiting in a museum line, or having a beer in a bar. I love a good story.

Monday, February 4, 2019

Day 31 - San Antonio: Gruene and the Tower of Americas


The humidity is transforming my hair. I am developing a nice afro. Bill likes it.
I always think it's cold because it's cloudy and then I end up sweating in my jacket.

You need a second half of the day to visit Gruene, because in the dance hall, bands start their gig around 6pm. Unfortunately we had to leave the town by 3pm. We figure that we can come back from Austin.
Gruene Hall was built in 1878 and it's the longest operating dance hall in Texas.
Various famous artists have been playing on this stage, like Chris Isaak, the Dixie Chicks, BB king and many more.

Gruene Dance Hall






Gruene town has many shops and historical. It was fun to walk around and check out everything.







At 4 pm we went to meet our friends at the Tower of the Americas back in San Antonio. We wanted to secure a good table before happy hour (4:30 to 7:30). We didn't have to pay for the elevator because we were going to spend money at the lounge.
The view was stunning, the plates were big, the cocktails were good and the price was low (4 to 7$)



4 comments:

  1. I love that dance hall. I even love the fact that they call it a dance hall. �� Those long tables ! Is that a real town? It looks like a set from a Hollywood western. So.... well, Texan I guess. �� are you going to come back with a Don’t Tread on Me t-shirt?

    P.s curly hair is the best - h & L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminded me of Pie Ranch but not quite. One of these days we really need to go dancing at a honky-tonk bar. My hair is hopeless... I give up!

      Delete
  2. Yes, curly hair is the best! Love the dance hall....Can almost hear the music and the sound of cowboy and cowgirl boots! S n B

    ReplyDelete