It must have been the book 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil', or all the Hollywood movies, I feel the need to discover more of North America, the heart land. I have no baggage, I have no hang ups. I was born and raised in Italy. I am capable to accepting people of all personalities, as long as they are good people. I believe that in the world the majority of people are of a good nature, and those are the people I want to meet on this trip.
I love to make connections, whether we are soaking in the campground jacuzzi, or waiting in a museum line, or having a beer in a bar. I love a good story.

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Day 32 - San Antonio to Austin


This KOA is only two years old. Everything is brand new, from the laundry machines to the unisex huge shower rooms. The grounds are a bit rough but the hook ups are the best I have seen so far.
On the other side of the fence we are told there are some longhorn cattle. I can't wait to see them.
The area is rural and for this reason it's quiet.
On the way to Austin, we see on one side a prominent Sikh Temple and on the other side the vast grounds of the Austin Rodeo. Welcome to Austin!

As the body ages, it needs more maintenance, like exercising to keep the bones healthy. I think I need to exercise more now than when I was younger. It's the only way to get rid of creaking 😉
But very few campgrounds have an exercise room, like this one, so before leaving we bought resistance bands. They work like weights but without... the weight 😂


Lately I have been using google fit for keeping track of workouts and steps. I like it because it's on all the time.
Also since I haven't mentioned it yet, we are traveling with Scampers, our cat, and for who knows her and worries about her, she is doing great and she is a great traveler.


She loves the trailer, but sometimes she feels cold or depressed (?)



No comments:

Post a Comment