It must have been the book 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil', or all the Hollywood movies, I feel the need to discover more of North America, the heart land. I have no baggage, I have no hang ups. I was born and raised in Italy. I am capable to accepting people of all personalities, as long as they are good people. I believe that in the world the majority of people are of a good nature, and those are the people I want to meet on this trip.
I love to make connections, whether we are soaking in the campground jacuzzi, or waiting in a museum line, or having a beer in a bar. I love a good story.

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Day 17 - Las Cruces to Marfa


We did not stop in El Paso. We'll probably regret it. Maybe on the way back, if we have time, we'll swing by.
We are in Texas! Yippie Ya Yey!


The RV resort is basic but the internet is awesome! Finally! This is the first time from the beginning of this trip. I want to stay in Marfa forever.
Tonight there was the moon eclipse, so as soon as we saw it happening, we drove to the McDonald observatory, in the hopes that maybe there was someone with a telescope.
It took us an hour, but we made it around 10 pm. The observatory was closed and super dark.
The sky was so clear that we could see the milky way. And then there was the Moon in red, completely covered by the Earth's shadow.
We approached a couple of guys, the only two there and their telescope.
We talked in the dark admiring the firmament, looking at the Moon, talking about Texas and California. It was bitter cold and windy but Tai didn't seem to be phased. He was a first good introduction to Southern hospitality. We got lucky!

At night, back at the trailer, the water was not running. The hose had frozen.



No comments:

Post a Comment